Kelly from the Indie Mart (which is coming up on June 21st) just informed me of an AWESOME party on Friday. Timbuk2 is celebrating their 20th anniversary by feeding you, getting you drunk, making you dance, and letting you design some bags! What the fuck? Who’s birthday is it again? Can we do this all again on December 16th for the anniversary of my birth? Anyway, here are all the details:
The Timbuk2 Crew is hosting one helluva of a birthday party in their hometown warehouse, featuring interactive D.I.Y. stations for designing bags, killer tunes on the table and comfort food and booze. A few highlights include:
- Live sewing by Timbuk2 bag designer, Tae Kim, & his team
- Live silkscreening by local laser print company, San Franpsycho – Choose your images to be screened on t-shirts and bag panels for purchase.
- Bags for sale! – SF-themed and one-of-a-kind Timbuk2 bags by local artists Sita Rupe, Beth Weintraub, Nooworks, Ed Weseloch and many others.
- An opportunity to customize a bag at online kiosks
- An interactive timeline of Timbuk2′s life & bags
- Tunes by local DJ’s The Magnificent Seven
- Comfort nibbles, including Mac & Cheese, Tater-Tots, Pretzel Bites, and Mini PB&J sandwiches
- Booze, booze and more booze
- Valet Bike Parking
Um, yeah. That sounds rad.
Timbuk2 20 year Anniversary Party
333 Alabama St. @ 16th St.
Friday, June 12th