Contrary to popular belief, Thanksgiving is about being thankful and not about gorging yourself on turkey and mashed potatoes. I imagine every Broke-Ass Mom is thankful for different things, but below is a list of what I’m thankful for this year.
Things a Broke-Ass Mom is thankful for:
- I’m thankful that this morning when I went for a run my husband pushed the stroller with our 28lb toddler in it.
- I’m thankful that my body still allows me to run.
- I’m thankful that my son is no longer sleeping in the hallway closet and has his own bedroom (even if it is directly next to ours – in another wing would be better, but then I guess I wouldn’t be Broke-Ass).
- I’m thankful that I don’t own a car (no matter how difficult it is to go to the grocery store, it’s still easier than finding parking).
- I’m thankful to be cooking my own Thanksgiving dinner this year, even if we will be eating leftovers until Christmas (on the bright side it will save me boat loads of money and time figuring out what to cook for dinner over the next several weeks).
- I’m thankful that the sales just get bigger and bigger starting today, and if I’m patient enough I can get everything 80% off the day before Christmas.
- I’m thankful that I don’t need a Gucci or Coach purse (I actually don’t even own a purse – okay, that’s a lie – I do own a purse, but I can’t remember the last time I bought one) to brighten my day.
- I’m thankful that I still appreciate the stars and the sunset every day I can (corny but true).
- I’m thankful for my new family.
- Most of all, I’m thankful to be a Broke-Ass Mom.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope it was exactly what you wanted.
Photo By: Istockphoto Brandy Taylor