Saved By the Bell: 40 Hours of Your Life You’ll Never Get Back
Hey, did anyone really care about the guy that ran The Max?
If you are 35 and under, Saved By the Bell has played some part in your life. For better or worse. I mean, think about it. Did you ever think the show was good? No, it’s ridiculous. Cringe-inducing even. Think of Screech. Ladies, doesn’t that make your ovaries shrink?
Well, I’ve got good news and bad news: all episodes are on Netflix Streaming. You’re welcome. Commence cancelling all your plans for the next week or so.
Even as a child, watching the show for the first time, I remember thinking: “wait, I am supposed to buy that this is a real high school? Where the principal lets the kids do whatever they want? Where a guy with Jheri curls and jam pants is popular?” For a more eloquent analysis of the absurdity of this show, I strongly recommend the seminal analysis of the show, written by Chuck Klosterman, “Being Zach Morris.”
I haven’t sat down to watch all of it in order yet (good thing I have a lot of sick days), but I am trying to remember some of my favorite moments, and I can’t wait to revisit them:
- There’s no hope with dope! The gang tells you not to do drugs. Somehow, this makes me want to do drugs.
- Break a Sweat with the Hot Sundaes! For some odd reason, the gals make a workout-themed music video
- I’M SO EXCITED! Jesse’s dark addiction with caffeine pills.
- Just some bro’s doin’ what bro’s do…when they think their girlfriends are not looking.
- Saved By the Beach club: because they are co-dependent, they all get jobs at a beach club. Guess what…hilarity ensues!
- Shirtless Slater: there was any excuse to get this guy topless. Even at the most inappropriate times…like a school assembly?
- “Time-Outs” Zach Morris can bend space and time!
- 2 Words; Dance Off!