Hooch, Harlots, & History: Vice in San Francisco
As you probably know, I’m a huge history nerd and major SF fanboy, so the opportunity to fuse these two loves is awesome. On March 14th I’ll be speaking about some of SF’s most notorious and nefarious characters from her strange and storied history. The event is called Hooch, Harlots, and History: Vice in San Francisco and will be awesome!! It’s happening at the Old Mint, which is itself a treat to visit. All the important info is below. Get your tickets here.
Journey to the seedy side of San Francisco history with an evening of vice at the Old Mint. Drink a Pisco Punch or 21st Amendment ale while listening to tales of dubious moonshine, dirty roadhouses, and the nefarious characters that made our great city what it is today. Come enjoy historical stylings by local legends Duggan McDonnell, Broke-Ass Stuart Schuffman, Woody LaBounty, and Laureano Faedi. Each presenter will bring their own specialty to the house. The evening will also include live music and rare film footage from the darkside of SF.
Things to expect at the event:
* Historical Presentations by Duggan McDonnell, “Broke Ass” Stuart Schuffman, Woody LaBounty, and Laureano Faedi
* Booze sponsored by Pisco and 21st Amendment
* One complimentary drink included with admission. Additional drinks available with $5 donation to the San Francisco Museum & Historical Society
* Live Music
* Food available
* Rare Archival footage of the Vice side of San Francisco
* Docent led tours of the Old Mint
Hooch, Harlots & History: Vice in San Francisco
Thursday, March 14th
The Old Mint
88 5th St. @ Mission St.
$10 for sale here