I’m literally giddy with excitement. We are finally getting rain this week, and rain means rainy day activities. It’s means I can finally stretch my Broke-Ass Mom rainy day arms, and whip out my special bag of tricks. When my husband was at home with our son, he used to wax poetically about how much fun they had on rainy days. I used to think that it must be hard to stay inside all day, but the truth is that your activities don’t have to change. Just alter your attire a bit.
A true Broke-Ass Mom doesn’t care about her hair, nails, or clothing getting ruined in the rain. A true Broke-Ass Mom enjoys a good walk in the rain with her baby. A true Broke-Ass Mom can build a fort that takes at least two hours to construct. And lastly, a true Broke-Ass Mom knows how to reach into her little crafty, creative mind and come up with endless, and cheap activities for her baby on a rainy day.
If there’s anyone else out there experiencing rain, below is a list of my top five favorite rainy day activities:
- A walk in the rain – leave the umbrella at home, but dress in a fun raincoat (with hat) and boots
- Find a quiet and mostly empty garage, walk around, play, check out the different kinds of cars, run up and down the ramps, etc
- Rain is a perfect excuse to go have pancakes somewhere for breakfast or lunch
- Build a fort with your couches and pillows – bring a flashlight inside and read some books
- Coloring – if your child is old enough this is a great opportunity to color, or even paint if you’re brave enough
If you are lucky enough to live where there’s snow, then you’re on your own and you shouldn’t need any help from me. Snow is awesome, and the list is endless!
Photo by: My hubby
No related posts.