I was going to try and make this post terribly witty, and entertain you with some funny anecdote about that time I did something really embarrassing in a museum, but then I got sucked into the vortex that is Pot Psychology. I swear my attention span is that of a cocker spaniel on acid when I’m exposed to the damn interwebs. I often wonder what sort of amazing and productive things I could do with my life if I could just get away from a computer machine for more than two hours. But alas, since internet is the new TV, I may never know.
So my friends, from one overstimulated internet addict to another, I hope you understand my copying and pasting of the following deets for what sounds like a sweet and FREE way to spend the rainy weekend.
* 75 gallery talks led by members of the Bay Area creative community
* Installations by artists Bill Fontana and Allison Smith
* The debut of our new multimedia tour
* Saturday evening performances with headliner Matmos
* A Sunday family day with activities and film screenings
* Special menus from CaffÃ¨ Museo and Blue Bottle Coffee and delicious snacks from some of the city’s finest street food carts, parked outside the building on Minna Street
* Your tweets and Flickr photos projected on our walls (tag them sfmoma75)
* An inspired collection of new products at the MuseumStore
* The Backstory and Overlook Lounges, where you can relax, have a bite to eat, and get a peek at how exhibitions are installed
SFMOMA 75th Anniversary Celebration
151 Third Street (between Mission + Howard)
Saturday, January 16, 11:00 a.m. â€“ 11:00 p.m.
Sunday and Monday, January 17 and 18, 11:00 a.m. â€“ 5:45 p.m.
*photo from funny-potato.com