Just a Broke-Ass Mom and Her BOB
It was a typical Monday morning. My two-year-old son and I were on our way to the Safeway about a mile from our home with our BOB stroller. Thirty minutes and ninety dollars later we headed home with a gallon of milk, and three bags full of groceries. As I pushed my son, and my groceries back home in the BOB I noticed that the stroller was shorter than usual due to the weight of everything it was carrying. But we all made it home, no flat tires, no cries from the two-year-old, and the BOB was it’s usual giddy self as he made his way up that last steep hill. This is when I realized the extent to which I LOVE my Broke-Ass Mom BOB. We have it rigged with two big clips to attach bags to, a Velcro strip on the top for a listening device, a console to hold household items plus beverages, and a nice lambs wool lining for my son’s warmth and comfort. It may not be that light green Fiat that sits across the street taunting me every day with its’ cuteness. It’s not some trendy Prius saving the world with its’ greenness. But it’s mine, it works, and below are the reasons why I love it.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love BOB
- I can carry home ninety dollars worth of groceries without lifting a finger. (Okay, so I have to push the stroller but that’s much better than carrying everything plus managing my son.)
- My husband and I can safely store our coffees in the console and it won’t spill on our son.
- It has side pockets in the seat for my son to store his trains and cars in for that “just in case” he’s bored scenario.
- I can use it to run three miles to the playground with a bucket, shovel, rake, sifter and dump truck underneath and it doesn’t slow me down.
- I can easily cut across a grassy meadow without getting stuck
- It never gets any parking tickets.
- It doesn’t cost me a dime to maintain (I do spend the occasional quarter for air in the tires, though.)
- I can easily store it in my laundry room.
- It has a rain guard that even I can figure out how to attach.
- It gets me big props from other moms when I’m walking down the street with three bags attached to the handle-bars and two bags underneath.
I don’t typically find myself advocating for specific products, but seriously folks this stroller is amazing. I’m convinced it can do anything. It’s the best purchase I have made as a Broke-Ass Mom.
Photo by: Istockphoto Blackbeck