Old Timey Prohibition Style Carnival: Goodbye Party and Fundraiser for Kelly Malone
As you all know, we love the fuck out of Kelly Malone. But it looks like she’s gonna have to go back to the east coast for awhile for some cancer treatments. So one last big huge party is being thrown for her. I’m just cutting and pasting the details from the FB invite. This party sounds amazing.
Some of my raddest peeps & Speakeasy have teamed up to throw a party to send me off in style and raise funds for treatments when Im home. I couldnt very well leave with an epic party, cmon Im an event planner and live to throw fun parties♥
So, Speakeasy and a ton of generous folks are helping us throw back to swamp jugs and old timey magic throughout Speakeasy’s Brewery and you can also hang in the taproom that we just built out (hence the theme) Here is what we’ve got in store:
– Speakeasy Beers, 100% of sales donated at Brewery bar & portion in Taproom
– Carnie Games & strong man challenge
– Skeeball, ping pong, cornhole
– MOBILE Kissing booth- feel free to wear it and hustle. Or smooch me up in there please:)
– Epic raffle & booth of rad goodies, pretty wares, jewelry for sale
– Photobooth by Orange photography
– Pretty Parlor & beauty folks doing Prohibition styling, mustache waxes & beard trims so you look the part
– Nails by the awesome Party Nails!
– Tattooed Lady (temp) tattoo booth thanks to Tattly
– Carnie food booths from: Southpaw BBQ, The Voodoo Van, The Galley, McVickers Pickles, Black Jet Bakery, Batch Baking, cotton candy & more
– DJS: spinning old timey fun & plenty of rock & roll- Malila Tequila, Sarah Delish & The Tourist (Mickey Darius♥)
– Bands: Hungry Skinny & more TBA
– Babes everywhere! I think like 20 couples now have met at parties ive thrown, one getting married this year. As well as endless shameful hookups. I hope this brings more.
So toss on your best 20’s gear…fancy or swamp jug & overalls! Hug and smooch the shit outta me before I go. Come out and have a blast! Im hoping to come back in the Summer at some point if all goes well♥
Admission: $5+ donation at the door OR $28- ticket with open beer all night & a special beer koozie. All games run $1-2.- bring your ones!
Saturday Feb 23rd, 6-10pm
Speakeasy Brewery & Taproom
1195 Evans Avenue in Bayview
Take the T, 44, 19, Lyft, UberX or bikes. We’ll have plenty of Lyfts coming at the end of the night.
$28- OPEN BEER/ KOOZIE TICKETS and donations are here
Wanna dontate something rad, a service, guest “beertend”, work a booth or help? Holler! xoxo
photo from Asterisk Magazine