The Top 10 Most Popular BrokeAssStuart.com Articles of All Time. You’ll be Surprised!
I’ve been running this silly, strange, and occasionally beautiful website since 2008. That’s six fucking years! Holy shit! In that time I’ve been lucky to have some really amazing contributors and together we’ve created some spectacular content. I just sat down to chef lout what the best posts of all time have been and I was completely surprised. I think you will be too:
1. 6 Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life Without Spending a Cent: Originally written by Mikey Rox in 2010, this piece has been like gangbusters on the site! I even reposted it in 2012 and that one gets even more traffic. I mean, I can see why, who doesn’t want to spice up their sex life without having to pay an expensive dominatrix?
2. Five Easy Bottle Cap Crafts: This one also comes from 2010. In it the very crafty Amber Bouman tells you all the cool things you can do with the all those pesky bottle caps you keep finding between your couch cushions.Who knew you could turn your drinking problem into art?
3. Reasons Why Your Tinder Profile is Horrible: I wrote this one last year and it got passed around a lot. In fact it got picked up by the Huffington Post and Business Insider. The moral of the story was basic: don’t be fucking creepy. And yes, I really did accidentally invite my entire phonebook to Tinder, including my parents and ex-girlfriends…ugh…
5. Ten Great Songs About San Francisco: How many of these do you know? Which songs are we missing?
6. The Hidden Secret of the Seward Street Slides: Oh man, I bet the cranky people who live by these hate me so much and they don’t even know it. These super cool, super hidden slides are an absolute delight to play on. It’s like being a kid again, only your scrapes take way longer to heal.
7. BREAKING: THERE IS A PIANO AT THE TOP OF BERNAL HILL RIGHT NOW: Last summer Stephen Jackson broke this story and it blew the site up. Some enterprising motherfucker just put a piano up on Bernal Hill and suddenly tons of San Franciscans showed up to play pretty melodies for each other. It was pretty sweet.
8. Why You Should Fuck a Writer: This poetry/prose piece I published last month went minorly viral; it’s been shared almost 5k times on Facebook! It was really amazing to see so many people react so positively to a piece I’d been working on for the better part of two years. The awesome artwork by Jon Stich definitely helped make it happen.
What are some of your favorite articles you’ve read on here over the past 6 years. Let us know in the comments!
Like this article? Make sure to sign up for my mailing list so you never miss a goddamn thing!