The Best Drunk Food from Across New York State
We’ve all been there at 2 AM, you’re starving and in need of a calorie loaded angel to soak up the night’s hooch. Here are 8 places across New York that will save you and your stomach in the wee hours and/or possibly the following morning. #drunkfood #hungoverbro
Jim’s Steak Out is Buffalo’s renowned locally owned drunk/hangover strong. Their famous hoagies are a tradition for the booze-filled wanderer. The signature item is the Philly Cheesesteak voted best in Western New York. Don’t forget to add Jim’s secret sauce.
Image via Instagram/misslynntran
- “Heaven on earth at 3 AM on a long Saturday night filled with drinking adult beverages.”
- “Jim’s is a pillar of the late night, less-than-sober, scene when it comes to deliciousness. You may hate yourself tomorrow….”
Nick Tahou’s Hots in Rochester is home to the famous Garbage Plate. Sauced up locals are diving into a combination of two of these: cheeseburger, hamburger, red hots, white hots, Italian sausage, chicken tenders, haddock, fried ham, grilled cheese, or eggs served on Italian bread. Then at two sides of either home fries, French fries, baked beans, or macaroni salad. Health.Com awarded this dish with the title of Fattiest Food in the state.
Image via Instagram/watsonkyle
- “The food is actually pretty disgusting if you think about it, but somehow the odd combination works.”
- “Cheap and greasy goodness, what more can you ask for?”
Stella’s Diner in Syracuse opens at 5 AM everyday. The perfect solution for a very late night session. Best known for the New Yorker omelette; a hillock of 3 eggs, broccoli, mushroom, and cheddar. But there are also 13 other delicious ones omelettes to choose from in the final power hour.
Image via Instagram/theslicesu
- “Perfect for brunch after a night of drinking.”
- “A Syracuse institution. A hangover mecca.”
Bomber’s Burrito Bar in Albany you will stumble upon a tasty plate of Piggy Fries. In this mangled edible mess you will find fries loaded with BBQ pork, chopped jalapenos, more BBQ sauce, and melted jack and cheddar.
Image via Instagram/melz_belz
- “The Piggy Fries. It all keeps me coming back every time.”
- “My drunk friend once ordered a burrito with ALL THE MEATS. The server didn’t even blink.”
The Gilded Otter in New Paltz try your luck with the Wisconsin Cheese Curds, breaded fried cheddar nuggets served with Puttanesca and Chipotle sauce. Drunken nibbles to share.
Image via Instagram/awwoodruff
- “The cheese curds. Damn. I could eat those things the rest of the night.”
- “A good drunk standby is the meatloaf sandwich with cheese curds.”
Hot Truck in Ithaca serves up the renowned P.M.P. (Poor Man’s Pizza). The magic is in the simplicity of Tomato sauce and mozzarella on toasted French bread. As it is a literal truck it’s easy to stumble up to and the wait isn’t long.
Image via food.com
- “This is SO GOOD, and it’s just bread, cheese and sauc…..zzzzzz. Nothing beats a late night PMP. Five stars.
- “Kind of greasy, but delicious. It’s the epitome of Saturday night post-party food.”
The All American Hamburger Drive-In of Long Island offers up an oldy but a goody of late night nosh. Nothing beats a basic hamburger or cheeseburger have multiple rounds.
Image via Instagram/clworldtraveler
- “You will not have a burger like this anywhere else, especially if you are drunk.”
- “I think I was drunk when I only gave the burger 4 stars.”
Esperanto’s in Saratoga Springs house the Dough-Boy. A creation of diced and spiced sauteed chicken, with cheese and scallions and baked inside pizza dough. There is even a vegetarian version called the Dough-Girl.
Image via alloveralbany.com
- “The doughboys are the greatest invention in the world! Perfect when drunk.”
- “Doughboys rock! They were so tempting, I ordered two without thinking. Note to self: start these on a empty or drunk stomach.”