10 Things Alan Rickman Taught Us
I ask the universe, can we go a few days without losing another amazing performer?! We mourn the loss of a brilliant actor and all around awesome human being. Alan Rickman’s performances were so deep and varied that you’d have a hard time running into someone who doesn’t have at least one favorite. From Love Actually to Galaxy Quest…and never forget how we were properly introduced to him via Die Hard. And for all Potterheads (like me) we’ll miss our dear Professor Snape who found redemption in the end. But at least we will always have page 394.
1) When there don’t seem to be any solutions…listen to the voice of God.
2) If Grabthar’s Hammer can’t avenge you surely a hearty eye roll can.
3) Take his straightforward dating advice and live happily ever after.
4) He showed us once you make a plan it’s important to stick to it, even on Christmas Eve.
5) When facing adversity (or sorcery) keep yourself in check.
6) Ingenuity is a key element in revenge and bloodlust even for a sheriff.
7) Always be proud to yourself…unless you can be British. Then be British.
8) Investigating corruption leads to epic side-eye.
9) It’s ok to have fun when taking down a rival but do it in spectacular fashion.
10) If Alan Rickman says feminism is cool that’s the definitive answer on the subject.