New YorkSan Francisco

Pro-Rape Men’s Group Having Public Meetups in SF, NYC, and Beyond

return-of-the-kings-roosh-valizadeh

Return of the Kings penis-wrinkle of a founder Roosh Valizadeh. image from ibtimes

I just got word that a pro-rape men’s group, called Return of the Kings, is having an international meetup day on February 6th. Besides the fact that their name sounds more like a George R.R. Martin fan club than a wannabe macho men’s group, these guys are genuinely creepy. Their penis-wrinkle of a founder, Roosh Valizadeh, has even written this article in which he states that rape should be legal if it’s done on private property.

Having just looked through their site, it’s like a combination of a pick up artist group and a hateful men’s rights group. Articles range from 5 Reasons Shouldn’t Feel Guilty About European Colonialism to 4 Colossal Lies Men Have Been Told Since Birth to How to Avoid Being Labeled “Creepy” by Beautiful Girls. I have a feeling every man who goes to Return of the Kings, reads that last article every day before he leaves the house.

Coming up on February 6th ROK is having an international meetup day. They plan on having having 165 meetings in 43 countries at 8PM local time. In San Francisco they are meeting at the Balboa Park Bart station, by the arched exit. They are apparently so popular in New York that they are having two meetups: St. Catherine’s Park, next to the spiral kids slide. 1245 1st Ave between 67th and 68th st  & Washington Square Park under the arch.

Feel like getting out and protesting these creepy fucks? You’re not the only one. They are apparently now trying to go underground with the meetups but you can probably figure out a way to infiltrate them here.

How they see themselves

return-of-the-kings

How we see them

return-of-the-kings-geeks

Super Bowl 50 Sign Found on Craigslist

We've got tickets to Donnell Rawlings @ Cobb's Comedy Club!

Broke-Ass Stuart - Editor In Cheap

Broke-Ass Stuart - Editor In Cheap

I've been called "an Underground legend": SF Chronicle , "an SF cult hero": SF Bay Guardian, and "the chief of cheap": Time Out New York, but to those familiar with my work, I'm just "that douchebag who writes books about cheap stuff and drinks a lot".

1. Andrew Casden
    February 3, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Actually I think the picture of the “nerds” or whatever is far too generous. Dudes like that are usually harmless. These guys sound far from that. :-/

• makawaowie
      February 3, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Writhing worms would be a better image.

• Taryn Gibbons
      February 4, 2016 at 12:46 pm

manky piles of feces would be a better pic.

2. Alex
    February 3, 2016 at 5:47 pm

My goodness, are you ever clueless? Here’s a quote from the actual article you reference:

“I knew from an early age that rape was bad, as was all forms of violence, not just against women but men as well. I also knew that killing, stealing, and having sexual interest in relatives was bad. I don’t remember if someone specifically taught me these rules, but I also don’t remember being taught that the sun rises and sets once a day, or that I will go splat if I jump off a tall building. I don’t know of a single man entering adulthood who thought that rape was good and had to be manually taught it was bad in order to stop him from raping, so when journalists and cultural commentators suggest that the best way to defeat rape culture is to teach men not to rape, I couldn’t possibly agree. I saw a different set of problems instead.

I saw women wholly unconcerned with their own safety and the character of men they developed intimate relationships with. I saw women who voluntarily numbed themselves with alcohol and other drugs in social settings before letting the direction of the night’s wind determine who they would follow into a private room. I saw women who, once feeling awkward, sad, or guilty for a sexual encounter they didn’t fully remember, call upon an authority figure to resolve the problem by locking up her previous night’s lover in prison or ejecting him from school.”

If you can explain to me how this is a pro-rape stance, please do. He’s actually seeking ways to end rape culture. But of course, you, like practically everyone else, completely missed the point.

• gingerland62
      February 4, 2016 at 8:23 am

I find the second paragraph the typical excuses rapists use for raping women.

• Taryn Gibbons
      February 4, 2016 at 12:47 pm

what part of ‘legalized rape’ has confused you? he’s essentially demanding absolution for violating another person’s rights, but that’s not a bad thing, right?

• Alex
        February 4, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Yet another person who completely missed the point. I’m not even an apologist for him, I thought it would be a simple matter to reiterate his stated position on this topic but it seems that no-one is even remotely interested….

3. Madman WithSwag
    February 3, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Why are all the guys White? I’m sure other races are involved! …and why get upset with this group? These guys are harmless when compared to the Muslim horde who do these things (RAPE) as a matter of Religious Doctrine …Sharia Law …all the time! Yes, good to criticize these jerks, but you should include the Muslim man right along with your disgust for these guys because the Muslim is far more advanced in his likeliness to rape!!!

4. Jianju
    February 3, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Stupid article written by dishonest people.

5. Mark Rudio
    February 3, 2016 at 11:38 pm

The media in SF is getting so abysmally bad, and posts like this are part of the problem.

Stuart, I know you don’t consider yourself a journalist, but you have a sizable amount of followers and the popularity of this site gives it a certain level of authority if not authenticity. Have you read some of the FB responses to this post? It’s obvious many people just read your sensational headline and didn’t bother to click the link and read the guy’s supposedly “pro-rape” propaganda, and now they’re all anxious to call the FBI and the police on what sounds like a beer-bust for bros (or worse, show up and confront these guys over a misguided perception).

This guy Roosh and his followers are probably a bunch of pathetic losers who never get laid, or worse, they’re aggressive, entitled frat boys running amok, but your manipulative headline completely twists his misguided Ayn Rand-inspired point (which might even be a poorly executed attempt at Swiftian satire) in order to attract attention (and clicks) to your own site, which casts you in an almost equally bad light.

Labeling these douchey clowns a “pro-rape” group puts your integrity just a couple of steps above those people who edited the videos to make it seem like Planned Parenthood was selling dead baby parts. Nice job! Judging by the lather you’ve worked up some of your Facebook followers into over nothing, the Republican party can use someone with your skills.

Please do better.