New ShitNewsSan Francisco

‘Anti-Homeless’ Sprinkler System Set Up By Luxury Auction House in San Francisco

bonhaus 1

This week in Shameless Elitist news: Bonhams Auction House in Potrero Hill set up a kind of sprinkler system on their roof that sprays water on the street below.  Why? Because there was a group of homeless people with tents on the sidewalk behind their building.

Video credit: Sarah Thibault

There are a number of reasons why this is soulless and evil:

1. Treating human beings like dogs in a fight is not a good way to live your life.
  2. Bonhams makes its trade in very expensive things for very rich people…and this is how they chose to spend their time and money.
  3. We’re in a goddamned drought.
  4. Is this even legal? Do you have to have some kind of permit to do this? That’s a public sidewalk, right?

As of Monday morning, June 6th, the homeless people were gone but the water was still going. So not only is it mean and wasteful behavior, random people (ahem, like me) got rained on for no good reason other than turning the corner while walking down the street. No signs around and apparently no shame either.

bonhams-auction-house-cars

Bonhams is a global company that sells jewelry, cars, & antiques to multi millionaires. Photo CNN

I’m of the opinion that not only should they not indulge in this kind of behavior ever again but that Bonhams should have to donate money to a local nonprofit that supports the homeless population.

If you agree, you can urge them to do so by contacting them here:

Tel: +1 415 861 7500
Fax: +1 415 861 8951
info.us@bonhams.com

Kava Lounge SF Opens, Sober People Rejoice!

Dancin & Drinkin at the Good Ol' Boom Boom Room

Candace Cui - Actual Unicorn

Candace Cui - Actual Unicorn

At age 2, I was getting run over by a bike in an alley in China. At age 8, I was avoiding man-o-wars on Tybee Island. At age 14, I was overdrinking sweet tea while running through the woods barefoot. At age 20, I was learning Art History and how to drop it low. At age 25, I was making fun of drum circles at Dolores. At every age, I am charming the fuck out of you. Just wait, it'll happen.

1. European Beret
    June 7, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Insurance company’s orders? With the recent tent fire that damaged a building in the area it wouldn’t surprise me if they were urged to keep their sidewalks free of “fire hazards” a.k.a. human beings living in tents.
    Is the City And County Of San Francisco a local non-profit that supports the homeless population? I wonder if Bonham’s would make a donation…

2. MayorLee
    June 7, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Good for Bonhams! Enough of the fires and feces on the pavement!

3. Dave Spysea
    June 8, 2016 at 7:50 am

looking forward to doing the same … CITY DOES NOTHING you’ll have to take the problem into your own hands

4. CU
    June 8, 2016 at 8:05 am

I’ve noticed sprinklers on and excessive water at 1545 Pacific the past few times I’ve ridden by. The building has a porch area where I assume people have set up camp in the past. While I’m not exactly ok with people camping in public, I’m not happy about the wasting of water! Anybody know whats going on here?

5. Jane Suppen
    June 9, 2016 at 12:40 am

Yay Bonhams!! If you don’t want to be treated like a dog, don’t act like one. DUH! Candazz you have failed to charm yet again.

6. fjdkls
    June 9, 2016 at 8:11 am

This is a great idea, and should be done by all city buildings, MUNI stations, private residences, etc.

7. Joe Durso
    June 9, 2016 at 9:05 am

I say let it rain and rain hard.. SOOOOO sick of the homeless tents, drugs,garbage, needles.

8. scottthayersf
    June 9, 2016 at 5:24 pm

This morning, on Muni, a homeless guy was stroking a woman’s hair. She was dressed for work and looked very uncomfortable, but everyone just ignored it. Then, today, on my way home from work I saw homeless setting up tents in the island where the palm trees are on Dolores Street. Several of them had at least four bikes (yes, I know, you can’t prove they’re stolen because everyone knows broke homeless people own 3 or 4 $1,000 bikes). Jesus, is NOTHING usable anymore by normal citizens? This homeless infestation is getting to be like the walking dead. When will the #&*$&#*&# supervisors DO THEIR JOBS and start protecting the people and property of SF. Give the homeless encampment people a choice–go to a shelter or go to jail.