All The Dope Halloween Parties in SF & The East Bay
October is the High Holidays in San Francisco and Halloween is the bacchanalia that caps it all off. Halloween parties in SF and the East Bay are in no short supply so if you are wondering what to do, we’ve gathered up a list of all the cool shit happening. They are going all weekend long and there is everything from massive multi-room parties, to a haunted air craft carrier, to square dancing! You’ll have to come up with a costume on your own though. Let us know if we missed anything and we’ll keep adding to the list…We start with arguably the biggest party night:
Saturday October 29th
- Phantasm SF – Behind the Funhouse Door: The Armory 1800 Mission St, $75-$5500 Featuring super funk duo Chromeo, electro legends The Crystal Method, & the unique performance spectacle of Vau de Vire Society, the best cross section of locals from your favorite Burning Man and city crews, Big Art, an immersive midway, and a kinky laced VIP area on the Upper Floor.
The PUSH- An Adult Party: SF Location disclosed upon membership purchase, $150 per couple What happens when pornographers and professional perverts fall in love? Real life couple, Maxine Holloway and Jesse James, let you in on their world of making wild fantasies, a reality. We’ll transform an elegant San Francisco home into a private and provocative stage, putting temptation just out of reach. Moans, laughter and orgasms will surround you and echo through the hallway as you sip libations and bite into your own sweet treats. This is a rare opportunity to share in sexual artistry performed by some of our favorite friends and performers.
*Special $15 discount on each ticket using the code: ‘brokeass’
- The Haunted Hourglass- A Very Gorey Halloween: Cat Club, 1190 Folsom St $35-55 Brought to you by the producers of the Edwardian Ball, featuring Rosin Coven, Founders of The Ball, as they bring Gorey to life onstage… with friends Dark Garden, Miz Margo, The Klown, Decay, Speakeasy Syndicate, DJ Fact.50, Glass Eye Shadow Pictures, Tyler Ryan, Blue Victrola, and more, in a dark, intimate, elegant and whimsical Edwardian soirée.
- Lifestyles of the Dead and Famous: Virgil’s Sea Room, 3152 Mission St, $5 Rich, famous and DEAD! Come celebrate all the dearly departed luminaries who no longer walk this earthly plane. We wanna see glamorous starlets who died young! Musicians who partied too hard! Assassinated politicians! Historical figures who met an unfortunate demise! Join hosts Little Gem & Sylvie Simon as we shake it to the sounds of DJs Siobhan Aluvalot & Mattew_xo! $100 Prize for best dead celeb costume!
- Brazilian Halloween Ball – Heaven & Hell: Origin, 1538 Fillmore St, $20 Three areas of Halloween productions including an all-star DJ line-up, Aquarella Brazillian Samba Dancers and Julio Remelexo Drummers
- Halloween Roller Disco: The Church of 8 Wheels, 554 Fillmore $15 admission, $5 skate rental Come join D. Miles, the GodFather of Skate in San Francisco and the Holy Rollers of the Church of 8 Wheels as we present the Halloween Roller Disco! There will be a contest for Best Costume, Sexiest Costume and Most Creative Costume. This will be an adult skate affair! Be creative and be prepared to have a scary but funky good time.
- Kink or Treat – A BDSM Halloween Play Party: Haven 1060 Folsom St $25-35 Join us for a kinky Halloween party. Come dressed in a costume, your BDSM gear, or whatever makes you comfortable! This party will feature: Treats, a beautiful open dungeon to play in, interactive Halloween themed game to help break the ice with other partygoers and lots of fun
- Ghost Ship Atlantis: Pier 70 Building 12, $125-175 A three story interactive party featuring djs The Orb and DJ Dan, and West Coast underground indie techno circus The Mutaytor will make their reunion appearance. Plus a VIP experience, featuring fully hosted bars and prime viewing of the main stage.
Saturday October 29th
- Total Trash Halloween Bash: Eli’s Mile High Club, 3629 MLK Jr. Blvd Oakland, $5 Featuring Members of Musk, Violence Creeps, Pleasure Gallows, Be-Neats & Galactic Blasters cover, Butthole SUurfers, Brainbombs, Drags. Simon & Garfunkle
- Monster Bash: Swing Horror & 80s Fright: onboard USS Hornet, 707 West Hornet Ave, Alameda $35-$65 Live Music by Less Presson and the Nails, Flock of Seagirls, DJ Terrifying Tom LG. Costume Contest with cash prizes plus The Haunted Hornet: ScareCo Inc’s professional ghoulish attractions about the Ship.
Friday October 28th
- Foreverland’s Thriller Halloween Ball with Planet Booty: Bimbo’s 365 Club, 1025 Columbus, $22 Foreverland is anelectrifying 14-piece tribute to Michael Jackson and Planet Booty has been described as “An infectious blend of funk, soul, R&B and electro”. Plus you will get to do your Thiller moves with a whole crowd of MJ fans.
- Halloween Boogaloo: Neck of the Woods, 406 Clement St, Free before 10pm $5 after Honeycomb Brown and Caltrane under the same roof, spinning hot boogeyman jammers all night, Plus a costume contest with prizes!
- CLUB 1984 Halloween Party: Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell St $15-25 This special edition CLUB 1994 is will have a Photobooth, 90’s Costume Contests, 90’s Scary Movie Visuals, the CLUB 1994 dancers, a very special one night only performance by 90’s Cover band The Lovemakers! Featuring DJ’s Jeffery Paradise and Vin Sol.
- Ghost Ship Atlantis: Pier 70 Building 12, $125-175 A three story interactive party featuring djs Justin Martin, and J.Philip, and Toronto’s legendary house music trio The New Deal will perform. Plus a VIP experience, featuring fully hosted bars and prime viewing of the main stage.
Friday October 28th
- Total Trash Halloween Bash: Eli’s Mile High Club, 3629 MLK Jr. Blvd Oakland, $5 Featuring members of Chuckleberries, Dirty Ghosts, Rarak, & Glitter Wizard cover, X, Black Flag, Minor Threat, & Gary Glitter
- Electric Horror Story – EDM Music Festival: The Tower 420 14th St, Oakland, $20 3 Floors of Fright! 4 Dancefloors of Iinsanity! 21+ Allstar Bay Area Performer!
- Halloween Square Dance: Ashkenaz 1317 San Pablo Ave Berkeley, $10-$15. 2 bands – 2 callers!
KC & the MooNshine Band with caller Robin Fischer and Clementine String Band with caller Mike Lewinski. All dances taught; no experience needed. It’s (almost) halloween – wear a costume!
Sunday October 30th
- SF Opera Lab – Drag Queen of the Opera: Oasis, 298 11th St, $25 Join San Francisco Opera artists on the eve of Halloween for some operatic debauchery with a touch of drag macabre. Grab a cocktail and brush up on your lip-syncing skills and your opera herstory as legendary drag superstar Heklina takes you on a wicked ride full of highs and lows—notes, that is!
Monday October 31st
- Hell In The Armory – ESCAPE: The Armory, 1800 Mission St, $55 Locked in a room within San Francisco’s most haunted building, you have twenty minutes to escape. Be careful who you trust and what you do – you’re not alone and every action has a consequence. Those brave enough to enter will be thrust into a unique and terrifying escape-the-room game with haunted inhabitants. Find the hidden codes, uncover the keys, and map out your escape before time runs out!!
- Aloha Halloween Party -A Celebration for Bar owner Michael Mcelhaney: The STUD Bar 399 9th St Bar owner Michael Mcelhaney closes a chapter in his life as owner of the legendary STUD. Come celebrate his 20 year legacy where he has allowed magic to happen nightly. This is his last official night as owner. Music by Go BANG!, Drink specials, Aloha / Halloween Costume Contest & Prizes! Proceeds will benefit The STUD’s District Supervisor Jane Kim
- Lost Boys (A)Live – An Immersive Vampire Evening: Great Star Theater 636 Jackson St $20-$75
A sexy blend of bad lads, bloodsuckers, camp comedy and carnage. Join us for a late night of immersive night of bloody fun with the cult favorite The Lost Boys like you’ve never seen it before. Watch the movie with multiple projectors, huge sound, explosions, special effects, and live action. If that wasn’t enough, take a break in the action during our Vampire Dance Party intermission, have a drink at our in-theater bar, or a smoke in our spooky alley patio. Perfect for Halloween
- The Night Circus Halloween Soirée : Sold out but people are selling aftermarket tix. Please join us for an intimate and elegant Halloween-night soirée celebrating Erin Morgenstern’s modern classic, “The Night Circus”. Enter into a world of unexpected sights and sounds amidst the black & white stripes of Le Cirque des Rêves. Tickets include a seat at the legendary “Midnight Dinner” featuring delicious foods and thought-provoking conversation, plus a complimentary glass of wine, bubbly, or non-alcoholic drink. Cash bar and complimentary hors d’oeuvres available throughout the night.
Monday October 31st
- HellaWeed Halloween: The New Parish 1743 San Pablo Ave, Oakland $4.20-$100 Featuring the world renowed DJ Toure + DJ’s all night. 420-Themed Costume Contest and VIP Experience Note:You must possess and bring a valid medical Cannabis recommendation card or letter to enter.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show: UC Theatre, 2036 University Ave, Berkeley Relive this cult classic before it is reborn! Sweethearts Janet and Brad stumble upon the flirtatious mad scientist, Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s, bizarre abode during his annual Transylvanian science convention. Audience participation is expected. Prizes for best costumes.
- Halloween Masquerade Salsa Party: La Peña Cultural Center 3105 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley $5
Orquestra La Peña brings the raw power of salsa dura this Halloween! Costumes encouraged! The band will perform songs from your favorite salsa artists including Eddie Palmieri, Beny Moré, the Spanish Harlem Orchestra, El Canario, Celia Cruz and many more. This evening of Salsa music goes on from 9pm-12am. GET HERE EARLY FOR FREE DANCE CLASS AT 8:00PM!