Why NOT Write a Screenplay?
Even if you are not an aspiring screenwriter, you probably have an idea for a script in you. You have overheard a weird conversation between two people, you have imagined how you would act in a scenario, you know how you wish your last breakup should have gone down, or you think you could write an episode of a sitcom better than the actual writers can.
Why not participate in Script Frenzy? Similar to National Novel Writing Month, which we told you about, Script Frenzy is not about competition, getting published, or even being good. It’s just about trying it out and unleashing creativity. It’s a way to test yourself, expand your mind, and to be a part of a nation-wide movement. There are several free meetups and write-ups during April, so you may meet your soul mate, a new best friend, or a screewriting partner.
Graphic novels, sitcom specs and stage plays are also welcome. The official rules of Script Frenzy are:
1) To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy.org.
2) You may write individually or with a partner. Writing teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
3) Scriptwriting may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
4) You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
5) You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.
Sign up for free here and get to writing!
FREE, the month of April
Howdy! My name is Katy Atchison and I'm an Associate Editor for Broke-Ass Stuart.
I want to take the time to say thank you for supporting independent news media by reading BrokeAssstuart.com. Supporting independent news sources like Broke-Ass Stuart is vital to supporting our community because it amplifies the voices of a wide variety of diverse opinions. You also help support small businesses and local artists by sharing stories from Broke-Ass Stuart.
Because you're one of our supporters, I wanted to send over a pro-tip.
Our bi-weekly newsletter is a great way to get round ups of Broke-Ass Stuart stories, learn about new businesses in The Bay Area, find out about fun local events and be first in line for giveaways.
If you’d like to get our newsletter, signup right here, it takes 5 seconds.