Broke-Ass Stuart, San Francisco Is Looking For Interns!!
Broke-Ass Stuart is looking for interns! We currently have two opportunities open, both editorial:
- Pitch and enter at least one post per week.
- Monitor our social media presence.
- Assist Stuart in day-to day correspondences and outreach.
- Aid our Calendar editor in content.
- Passionate about public and social media.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Available about ten hours per week.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and WordPress.
- Strong sense of our readership, style and desire to contribute creative input.
Visual Media Intern
- Edit and post BAS video content
- Be available for shooting/ editing photographic content for written posts.
- Occasional event photography.
- Pitch and upload original material.
- Strong videography/ photography background with independent access to appropriate equipment.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Available about ten hours a week.
- Experience with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, video compression, basic HTML and WordPress.
- Strong sense of BAS readership, style and desire to contribute creative input.
- Recommended for BECA/ film production/ photography students.
Okay, what do you get out of this?
Although BAS, very true to our brand, can offer no financial compensation nor class credit**, we can offer you the opportunity to be published by one of San Francisco’s most enduring and well-loved blogs. You’ll have the opportunity to cover a wide swath of stories, social events and shows, as well as broad creative freedom in your material.
**Sorry for the confusion on this. Your writing work will be compensated with money, but the admin type work you help with will be compensated with things like tickets to events.
We’d love to have you, so please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org