Huge News for the Future of BAS!
I’m really excited to announce that I’ve launched a Patreon page. For those of you who’ve never heard of it, Patreon is a membership platform where you can contribute directly to BrokeAssStuart.com and get really cool rewards in return. Some of these fantastic perks include: VIP access to all the events I throw, free t-shirts, and the opportunity to suggest topics for us to cover on the site.
The truth is that Broke-Ass Stuart can’t survive without you. So I’m trying to be creative on how to keep it running. The business of media is well, barely a business anymore. It’s almost impossible to stay afloat without drowning your site in horrific ads. And now more than ever, we need sites like BrokeAssStuart.com to call out the shit that needs to be called out.
Have you ever had your event, art, music, business or restaurant featured on the site? Have you read something that you loved or found out about an important protest? BAS is a community and you’re part of it.
Peep this super fun video I made about it:
Our goal is to get to $4,500 in subscriptions a month (the breakdown of our costs is on the Patreon page). That means if just 450 of you give $10 a month we will hit this goal! Doing so will allow us to continue what we already do, as well as focus on the following:
- Paying our writers and editors more
- Reporting on more breaking news
- Continuing to support progressive causes and activism in the Bay Area & beyond
- Continuing to produce our voter guides
- Publishing my best writing on BAS instead of selling it to other publications
- Keep finding and shining light on weird and wonderful things
- Continuing to raise money for Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, SPLC and more
- Ultimately expand to more cities
So please go here, check out the perks, pick the one you fancy, and sign up for your monthly subscription. You’ll not only be a patron of the arts, you’ll also be helping us continue to stir shit up.
Thank you and I love you!