SF Artists, the 2020 Hearts in San Francisco Project is Looking for You
For you Bay Area painters out there, this is a decent opportunity to get your work seen, for a good cause, AND get paid a bit in the process.
SF General Hospital Foundation announced today that submissions are now open for the annual ‘Hearts in San Francisco’ public art project, which will be celebrating its 16th anniversary. For the 2020 series, the Foundation welcomes design submissions by both up-and-coming and established local San Francisco Bay Area artists. The 2020 ‘Hearts in San Francisco’ series will include ten large hearts, eight table top hearts, and 15 mini heart sculptures. Design renderings for the heart sculptures must be submitted by Thursday, August 1, 2019.
‘Hearts in San Francisco’ artworks, combined with Hearts events proceeds (2004–2019) have raised more than $27 million for the Foundation and nationally recognized programs which enhance the quality of patient care in the areas of mental health care, social medicine, women and children’s health, chronic disease management, palliative care, HIV/AIDS, orthopedics, trauma and more.
The 2020 Hearts in San Francisco series will include:
(10) Large Heart Sculptures
5 feet tall x 6 feet wide x 40 inches depth; 400 pounds
(8) Table Top Heart Sculptures
16 inches tall x 17 inches wide x 8 inches depth; 25 pounds
(15) Mini Heart Sculptures
7 inches tall x 6 inches wide x 2 inches depth; 5 pounds
Selected Heart Artists will receive an honorarium to help cover the cost of supplies.
Large Heart Sculpture artists will receive $1,000.
Table Top Heart Sculpture artists will receive $500.
Mini Heart Sculpture artists will receive $200.
Heart Sculpture Artists are selected by a committee of San Francisco General Hospital Foundation Staff, Foundation Board Members, and Community Volunteers. The number of Heart Sculptures produced varies each year, as does the number of Heart Artists selected.
How to Apply
1. Read the Artist Application Guidelines
2. Review the Important Deadlines and Project Timeline
3. Complete the Heart Sculpture Artist Application
4. Prepare and include a Brief Biography / Resume
5. Complete the Heart Sculpture Artist License Agreement
6. Prepare a full color design rendering(s) size 8.5″ x 11″ or larger (will not be returned). Please include the title, medium and a brief statement (2 sentences maximum) about each submission. Click here for Sample Template.
7. Submit all materials either via online, US mail, email or in-person
- Online: http://sfghf.org/CreateAHeart (all materials must be uploaded via online form)
- U.S. Mail: San Francisco General Hospital Foundation, P.O. Box 410836, San Francisco, CA 94141
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: 2020 Hearts in SF Application
- In-Person: 1001 Potrero Ave, Bldg 40, Fifth Floor, Room 530, San Francisco, CA 94110
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
Heart sculpture artist selection is conducted by a committee comprised of San Francisco General Hospital Foundation staff, board members and community volunteers. Selection notifications will be sent via email the week of August 16, 2019.
Create a Heart Page with all the info here.