Broke-Ass Stuart is Looking for a New Arts & Events Editor
Broke-Ass Stuart has been at the center of the events and arts scene in the Bay Area for over 15 years. And right now we are looking to bring on a new editor to focus on events as the world begins to open back up. This is a cool opportunity since events will be taking on a whole new life soon, and this person will shape what our 35k+ newsletter subscribers get to experience each week. Queer and BIPOC folks encouraged to apply.
– Running the Broke-Ass Stuart Events calendar. This would entail adding events weekly so that our readers can plan their outings.
– Posting events from the calendar on to social media.
– Scheduling ticket giveaways for various events and shows in the Bay Area.
– Selling ad space in the newsletter to event organizers.
– Being in charge of our new weekly newsletter dedicated arts & events. This newsletter would be populated with events from the calendar and giveaways. There’s an opportunity for some editorializing in the newsletter as well.
– $400 per month + 20% commission on newsletter ads sold.
– Free tickets and press passes to pretty much any event you want.
– This is a contract position that will take up about 5-6 hours a week.
Please email SFEditor@BrokeAssStuart.com with a resume, social media accounts, and why you think you’d be great for this position.