Is it a coincidence that same-sex marriage was legalized in New York just before the 41st anniversary of San Francisco Pride? Now the two cities we write for will have some serious celebrating to do this weekend!
June 25th and 26th mark the 41st anniversary of San Francisco Pride. SF Pride is dedicated to education, to the commemoration of LGBT heritage and to the celebration of LGBT culture and liberation.With over 200 parade contingents, 300 exhibitors, and more than a dozen community-run stages and venues, the San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest gathering of LGBT people and allies in the nation. Get ready, because last year there were over 1 million people present for the festivites! The two-day celebration is FREE and open to all.
Try out this broke-ass scavenger hunt to make sure you experience a cheap, fun and crazy Pride weekend:
- Go to any bar in the Castro and flirt with someone for a drink (5 points)
- Kiss someone of the same sex (10 points)
- Join the Dyke March from 7 -8 pm Saturday (5 points)
- Join Dykes on Bikes and riding topless (15 points)
- Dress in drag (10 points)
- Listen to Cher (2 points)
- Carry a rainbow flag (10 points)
- Choreograph a Madonna Flash Mob and bust it out on Market St. (30 points)
- Get Michael Jackson’s autograph (5 points)
- Have a three-some in a public bathroom (30 points)
- Take a picture of a man wearing chaps (5 points)
- Walk in the parade naked (20 points)
- Jump on a float in the parade on Sunday (15 points)
- Get front row in one of the concerts at the Civic Center (15 points)
- Dance (preferably grind) with someone dressed as Lady Gaga (10 points)
If any of you can get over 50 points, you win the award for “Spreading your Pride all over the Place.” Congrats – you are truly dedicated to supporting your LGBT community!
photo courtesy of www.curvemag.com