UPDATED: A HUGE List of Bay Area Protests & Rallies
Important note: We’re seeing spikes in COVID right now so, while attending all these Bay Area protests, it’s important to protect yourself and others. Make sure to wear masks, use hand sanitizer, and social distance yourself as much as possible. It’s also important to get free testing for COVID, even though you might not be showing symptoms. Learn all about how to get free testing right here.
We are in the middle of something important right now. At this point, cities all across the nation, and the world, are protesting daily against centuries of State violence against people of color. And we are seeing an incredible amount of Bay Area protests. It’s incredible to witness and even more thrilling to be part of. This is the time for people to decide which side they’re on, and it’s inspiring to see so many people join the fight against racism.
And it appears the Bay Area protests aren’t ending anytime soon. My good friend Johnny Funcheap put together this guide to all the up coming protests in the Bay Area. I’ve posted it below and included some more protests that I’ve heard about.
Please note that we can’t vouch for any of the Bay Area protests and events listed below. Things are moving at a very rapid rate and new protests keep popping up. In fact some of the info we have is just posters on people’s instagram pages. So be judicious and if you show up to something that doesn’t feel right, you can always leave. Also make sure you know your rights as a protester.
It’s an honor to be struggling beside you right now. Be safe out there.
MONDAY – September 21st
- 9/21 – SF – Stop Evictions Save Lives Car Caravan and Rally, 1200 Irving Street – 7:30am
- 9/21 – Palo Alto – Goodbye and Good Riddance Palantir Rally & Party, Former Palantir HQ – 5:30pm – 6:30pm
WEDNESDAY – September 23rd
- 9/23 – Online –BlackRock: Defund Deforestation – 12 noon
THURSDAY – September 24th
- 9/24 – Oakland – Our Lives Matter: Stop Killing Black Women & Girls, 15th & Broadway – 11am
- 9/24 – SF – Justice for Breonna Caravan, Golden Gate, Bay or Dumbarton Bridge – 5pm
FRIDAY – September 25th
- 9/25 – SF – Bridging Black Trans Lives: Advancing Racial Equity for All Black Lives – SF City Hall – 12pm-3pm
- 9/25 – Richmond – March 4 Our Future, George D. Carroll Park – 1pm
- 9/25 – Menlo Park – Justice for Breonna Taylor, El Camino Real – 6pm
SATURDAY – September 26th
- 9/26 – Novato – Bay Area ShoeStrike Climate Emergency Protest, Novato City Hall – 10am
- 9/26 – Oakland – “Black Lives Matter” Yoga, Snow Park – 11am-12:15pm
- 9/26 – Novato – Police-Free Schools Now! Rally, Grant & Reichert Ave – 11:15am
- 9/26 – SF – They Can’t Burn Us All – Unity Rally & March Against Hate Crimes & Racism, SF City Hall – 1pm
- 9/26 – Santa Rosa – Free the Families Vigil, Sebastopol Ave – 6pm-7pm
- 9/26 – Albany – Free TheFamilies Vigil for the Women in ICE Custody, Albany Memorial Park – 6pm-8pm
SUNDAY – September 27th
- 9/27 – Monterey – Abolish ICE Rally, 777 Pearl St. – 12noon
- 9/27 – Oakland – Shield Trainings for BLM, Lake Merritt Amphitheater – 1pm-3pm
- 9/27 – Lodi – Trump & Pence Out Rally, Emerson Park – 4pm
- 9/27 – Richmond – March for Breonna, Richmond HS – 4pm
- 9/27 – Vacaville – Stand in Solidarity With Victims of Police Terror, Andrews Park – 6pm
- 9/27 – Walnut Creek – Free The Families Vigil for ICE Detainees, Civic Park – 6pm-7:30p
WEDNESDAY – September 30th
- 9/30 – Online – Virtual Rally for YES on Prop 15 w/ Congresswoman Barbara Lee – 5pm- 6pm
SATURDAY – October 3rd
- 10/3 – Lodi – First Women’s March in Lodi, Debenedetti Park – 10am
- 10/3 – Redwood – Military Sexual Trauma Nationwide Protest – Courthouse Square – 10am