Come Intern for Broke-Ass Stuart!
Broke-Ass Stuart is looking for interns! We currently have two opportunities open, both editorial:
Join our weekly newsletter so we can send you awesome freebies, weird events, incredible articles, and gold doubloons (note: one of these is not true).
- Pitch and enter at least one post per week.
- Monitor our social media presence.
- Assist Stuart in day-to day correspondences and outreach.
- Aid our Calendar editor in content.
- Passionate about public and social media.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Available about ten hours per week.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and WordPress.
- Strong sense of our readership, style and desire to contribute creative input.
Visual Media Intern
- Edit and post BAS video content
- Be available for shooting/ editing photographic content for written posts.
- Occasional event photography.
- Pitch and upload original material.
- Strong videography/ photography background with independent access to appropriate equipment.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Available about ten hours a week.
- Experience with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, video compression, basic HTML and WordPress.
- Strong sense of BAS readership, style and desire to contribute creative input.
- Recommended for BECA/ film production/ photography students.
Okay, what do you get out of this?
Your writing work will be compensated with money and the admin type work will be compensated with tickets to events and merchandise from our store. If you can arrange for class credit we’re down for that too.
We’d love to have you, so please apply at sfeditor@BrokeAssStuart.com. Let us know why you’d be great for this and what you want to learn from doing it.