Neo-Nazi Anti-Immigrant Rally to Be Held in San Francisco Today
Word just came in from It’s Going Down that a Neo-Nazi Anti-Immigrant rally is going to be held today in San Francisco. For the vast majority of us this is practically unfathomable in America’s most progressive city. But it appears that’s exactly why they are doing it. They are coming to protest our stays as a Sanctuary City.
It’s Going Down has a very comprehensive breakdown and many links explaining not just what’s happening but the history behind all the major players and their organizations. You can read that here. That said, here are the major points from the IGD article but please dig into it for WAY more detail:
– The Event is Being Organized by ‘Identity Evropa’, a fascist, white nationalist, and white ‘identitarian’ group, and will be held at 3pm in an undisclosed location in San Francisco.
– Identity Evropa is led By Nathan Damigo who spent time in prison for a racial attack and who used to lead the Neo-Nazi National Youth Front.
– Identity Evropa isn’t giving away the exact location of their rally, but will announce on their livestream at 3pm
– The event is being livestreamed by a Berkeley resident through Red Ice Radio.
– This is the second major event organized by Identity Evropa and Red Ice Radio in the Bay Area.
– The UC Berkeley rally was the kick off event to identity Evropa outreach across the US.
– The growth of IE activity in the Bay Area happened against a backdrop of racist and Neo-Nazi attacks.
– Identity Evropa members left racist messages on a college campus and harassed a college dean for having black children.
As for what you can do to counter protest:
The article suggests that since they are protesting a San Francisco policy, there is a good chance the protest will happen at City Hall or in the Civic Center. It suggests that you and your friends organize so that as soon as it’s announced on the lifestream you can head down yourself to counter protest.**
** I’d like to personally urge you to keep your counter protest peaceful. As much as I despise what these people stand for (and as much as they despise me for being a Jew), they are exercising their 1st Amendment right.