BoozeEat & DrinkSan Francisco

The Buckshot Bar & Gameroom is Closing

buckshot-san-francisco

Bad news buckaroos. I just got word from my boy QM that the very excellent Buckshot Bar & Gameroom is closing. It was announced on their Facebook page around noon today (Friday 1/15).

buckshot-san-francisco-closing

I fucking love that place. I spent many nights there years ago when an exgf played in a skeeball league. The bar food was great, the booze was cheap, and the bartenders tolerated my bullshit.

This is yet another excellent San Francisco business that suddenly closed and took too many hearts with it. At the time of reporting I have no more info than what is said in the above FB post. Stay tuned for updates.

What’s your favorite memory of the Buckshot? Leave it in the comments below

Vesuvio: Attracting Weird Motherfuckers Since 1948

Top of the Mark: Where All of SF's Ghost Still Live

Broke-Ass Stuart - Editor In Cheap

Broke-Ass Stuart - Editor In Cheap

I've been called "an Underground legend": SF Chronicle , "an SF cult hero": SF Bay Guardian, and "the chief of cheap": Time Out New York, but to those familiar with my work, I'm just "that douchebag who writes books about cheap stuff and drinks a lot".

1. Heather C
    January 15, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Their chicken fried Bacon sandwich was the stuff of legends. And they had the old school Buck Hunter game. RIP, Buckshot. 🙁

2. Jason Woodwad
    January 15, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Having a hand on the throat of each anti semetic twin while I am getting full nelson chocked from behind by the bouncer. Pleading with the bouncer to let go and I would follow in suit. Punching each nazi as soon as the bouncer let go me. Getting dragged out.

3. Azure Armstrong
    January 15, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I had a huge crush on a bartender there. He happened to live upstairs too. On nights that he closed, he would have the owners lock him in so he could watch tv on the big screen. At closing one night when they kicked everyone out, I hid in the closet unbeknownst to anyone except my best friend. I hid until everyone was gone and the bartender was locked in by himself. I then surprised him wearing nothing but my birthday suit.

We got married 3 years ago.

• Cynthia
      January 16, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Change the gender roles in this story and it makes for one scary-ass encounter.

4. January 16, 2016 at 8:49 am

Oh no! I met my wife in that bar! So sorry to know it won’t live on anywhere but in our hearts and stories.

5. January 16, 2016 at 11:34 am

fuck this city, man….this was one of the good places.

6. Peta Cooper
    January 17, 2016 at 10:14 am

I loved the games there… a friend of mine we did our own random pub crawl for St. Paddys day. The buckshot was so much fun… I remember getting a wee bit tipsy, I met a guy there from Guyana who witnessed the aftermath of the Jonestown. We had a really interesting conversation about San Francisco history. My parents used to go to O’Sheas (before it was the buckshot) I remember their tagline “we cheat tourists and drunks”… which was another great bar

7. Colin Regan
    February 6, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Looks like they had a pretty brutal health inspection two days before closing