Guess Which SF Institution is NOT Shutting Down!
Too many of our favorite Bay Area institutions have closed down in recent years. The good news is that BrokeAssStuart.com plans on always being here for you. But we need your help to do so.
As you likely saw a couple weeks ago, I laid out just how expensive it is to run BAS. While we weren’t in danger of shutting down immediately, I explained just how precarious a situation BAS – and all independent journalism – is in.
And 76 people heard our call and joined the BAS Patreon. Alex, myself, and our team are SOOO thankful for all of you new Patrons as well as the existing ones.
We only need 24 more Patrons to hit our goal of 100 new subscribers by the end of the year.
Can you help us do that by joining the BAS Patreon?
Here’s the breakdown again of what my average monthly costs are to run BAS:
Writers and Editors: $3200 a month
Website Maintenance: $500 a month
Legal and Accounting: $350 a month
Technology (Mailchimp, web hosting, etc): $1000 a month
That’s over $5000 a month! And all that is before Alex and I get paid $2500 a month each. Yup, we both work full time doing BAS and can only afford to pay ourselves $2500 a month.
Will you join the BAS Patreon and help us reach our goal?
What Your Support Allows Us to Do
Here are just some of the things your support allows us to do every year:
- Publish 700+ articles.
- Get the word out about 150+ non-profits, charities, and fundraisers.
- Pay dozens of writers and artists to create amazing things.
- Promote 2000+ local events.
And here are some of the important stories we’ve told recently:
- We spread the word about the National Bailout Campaign that gets black mothers out of jail for Mother’s Day.
- We broke the news that Club Deluxe was closing, which kicked off the movement that saved it.
- We got the word out about the California COVID Rent Assistance program.
- We let you know when billionaires were evicting the artists at Oakland’s American Steel.
So please help us keep doing the awesome work we do. BAS has been here for you since 2004. With your help we’ll be here till 2034.